OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU
At Secret Doors, privacy is a top priority. Your privacy is at the core of the way we design and build the services and products you know and love, so that you can fully trust them and focus on building meaningful connections.
We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly.
- We do not compromise with your privacy: We design all of our products and services with your privacy in mind. We involve experts from various fields, including legal, security, engineering, product design and others to make sure that no decision is taken without respect for your privacy.
- We work hard to keep your information secure We have teams dedicated to keeping your data safe and secure. We constantly update our security practices and invest in our security efforts to enhance the safety of your information.
You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use the Service. Any use of the Service is void where prohibited. By accessing and using the Website, you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority and capacity to enter into this Agreement and to abide by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement. If you become a Member, you represent and warrant that you have never been convicted of a felony and that you are not required to register as a sex offender with any government entity. Using the Service may be prohibited or restricted in certain countries. If you use the Service from outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with the laws and regulations of the territory from which you access or use the Website or Service.
Membership and Subscription.
As a Member, you may use some, but not all, of the features and services available within the Service. To access or use additional features and services, including the ability to communicate with other Members that are subscribers, you must become a paying subscriber to the Service. On the Website, we sometimes refer to subscribing as “upgrading”. Please see the “Upgrade” (or similar) page on the Website for a description of the current subscription plans and their prices. The subscription policies that are disclosed to you in subscribing to the service are a part of this Agreement. Absent special offers, you acknowledge and agree that if you are (i) not a subscriber, you will not be able to use all the features and services available within the Service, including communicating with other Members, and (ii) a subscriber, non-subscribing Members will not be able to use the Service to communicate with you. A Member profile (both subscribers and non-subscribers) may remain posted on the Website even if that Member is not actively using the Service. You acknowledge and agree that although a Member's profile may be viewed, you may not (even as a subscriber) be able to use the Service to communicate with that Member if he or she is not then actively using the Service.
Term and Termination.
- This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service and/or are a Member
- You may cancel your membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the cancel pages on your “Account Status” page. You may cancel your subscription at any time online by clicking through “My Account” and then clicking on “Account Status History” and following the directions on that page. If you cancel your membership via the Website, we may ask you to provide a reason for your cancellation. If you cancel your membership and you are a subscriber, your subscription will also be cancelled in accordance with the terms set forth herein. If you cancel your subscription, the Company requires a reasonable amount of time to process the action. If you cancel a subscription, you will enjoy subscription benefits until the end of your then-current subscription commitment, following which your subscription benefits will expire. However, in no event, will you be eligible for a refund of any portion of the subscription fees paid for the then-current subscription commitment. If you paid for your subscription using a multi-payment option, you must make all payments even if you cancel your subscription prior to the end of your then existing subscription commitment period.
- Canceling a subscription does not automatically cancel your membership. If you are a subscriber and you cancel your subscription but not your membership, unless you elect to delete or hide your profile you will continue to be a Member in the Service and others may view your profile. If you hide your membership, your profile will be hidden and other Members will not be able to view your profile until you reactivate your membership. If you delete your membership, your profile will be removed and other Members will not be able to view your profile and you will not be able to reactivate your membership. Members can hide or delete their profile at any time by following the instructions contained on the “My Account” page on the Website.
- The Company may terminate or suspend your subscription and/or membership in the Service at any time without notice if you breach, or if the Company believes that you have breached, this Agreement. Upon such termination or suspension, you will not be entitled to any refund of unused subscription fees and, if applicable, all unpaid subscription amounts and other fees you owe will immediately be due. The Company is not required to disclose, and may be prohibited from disclosing, the reason for the termination or suspension of your account.
- After your membership or subscription is terminated for any reason, all terms of this Agreement survive such termination, and continue in full force and effect, except for any terms that by their nature expire or are fully satisfied.
Non-commercial Use by Members.
The Website and Service is for personal use only. Members may not use the Service in connection with any commercial endeavors, such as (i) advertising or soliciting any user to buy or sell any products or services not offered by the Company or (ii) soliciting others to attend parties or other social functions, or networking, for commercial purposes. Users of the Website may not use any information obtained from the Service to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any other user without his or her prior explicit consent. Organizations, companies, and/or businesses may not use the Service or the Website for any purpose. The Company may investigate and take any available legal action in response to illegal and/or unauthorized uses of the Website, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email and unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the username and password you designate during the registration process, and you are solely responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password. You agree to immediately notify the Company of any disclosure or unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security, and ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session.
Your Interactions with Other Members.
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SECRET DOORS CURRENTLY DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS OR SCREENINGS ON ITS MEMBERS. THE COMPANY ALSO DOES NOT INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ALL OF ITS MEMBERS OR ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS MEMBERS. SECRET DOORS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF MEMBERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE MEMBERS. SECRET DOORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES), AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS.
- Secret Doors is not responsible for the conduct of any Member. As noted, in no event shall the Company be liable (directly or indirectly) for any losses or damages whatsoever, whether direct, indirect, general, special, compensatory, consequential, and/or incidental, arising out of or relating to the conduct of you or anyone else in connection with the use of the Website or Service including, without limitation, death, bodily injury, emotional distress, and/or any other damages resulting from communications or meetings with other Members or persons you meet through the Service. You agree to take all necessary precautions in all interactions with other Members, particularly if you decide to communicate off the Website or meet in person, or if you decide to send money to another Member. You understand that Secret Doors makes no guarantees, either express or implied, regarding your ultimate compatibility with individuals you meet through the Service. You should not provide your financial information (for example, your credit card or bank account information), or wire or otherwise send money, to other Members.
Secret Doors owns and retains all proprietary rights in the Website and the Service, and in all content, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other intellectual property rights related thereto. The Website contains the copyrighted material, trademarks, and other proprietary information of the Company and its licensors. You agree to not copy, modify, transmit, disclose, use, create any derivative works from, make commercial use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, trade names, service marks, other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible on the Website or through the Service, without first obtaining the prior written consent of the Company or, if such property is not owned by the Company, the owner of such intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to not remove, obscure or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark and other intellectual property notices.
Content Posted by You on the Website.
- You are solely responsible for the content and information that you post, upload, publish, link to, transmit, record, display or otherwise make available (hereinafter, “post”) on the Service or transmit to other Members, including emails, videos (including streaming videos), photographs, voice notes, recordings or profile text, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted (collectively, “Content”). You may not post on the Website or as part of the Service, or transmit to the Company or any other Member (either on or off the Website), any offensive, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, intimidating, harassing, racially offensive, or illegal material, or any material that infringes or violates another person's rights (including intellectual property rights, and rights of privacy and publicity). You represent and warrant that all information that you submit upon registration is accurate and truthful and that you will promptly update any information provided by you that subsequently becomes inaccurate, misleading or false.
- You understand and agree that the Company may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any Content you post on the Website or as part of a Service. The Company may delete any Content, in whole or in part, that in the sole judgment of the Company violates this Agreement or may harm the reputation of the Website or the Company. The Company may restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which we deem appropriate in our sole discretion.
- By posting Content on the Website or as part of the Service, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company, its affiliates, licensees and successors, an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid-up, worldwide right and license to (i) use, copy, store, perform, display, reproduce, record, play, adapt, modify and distribute such Content, (ii) prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such Content, and (iii) grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing in any media now known or hereafter created. You represent and warrant that any posting and use of your Content by the Company will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
In addition to the types of Content described in Section 9(a) above, the following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is prohibited on the Website. You may not post, upload, display or otherwise make available Content that:
- That promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Advocates harassment or intimidation of another person;
- Requests money from, or is intended to otherwise defraud, other users of the Website or Service;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming” (or “spimming”, “phishing”, “trolling” or similar activities);
- Promotes information that is false or misleading, or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- Promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated images, audio or video, or links to pirated images, audio or video files;
- Contains video, audio photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor's legal guardian);
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or other illegal manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons or drugs, violating someone's privacy, or providing, disseminating or creating computer viruses;
- Contains viruses, time bombs, trojan horses, cancelbots, worms or other harmful, or disruptive codes, components or devices;
- Impersonates, or otherwise misrepresents affiliation, connection or association with, any person or entity;
- Provides information or data you do not have a right to make available under law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information);
- Disrupts the normal flow of dialogue, causes a screen to “scroll” faster than other users are able to type, or otherwise negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real time exchanges;
- Solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users or disseminates another person's personal information without his or her permission; and
- Publicizes or promotes commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes.
- Your use of the Website and Service, including all Content you post on the Website or as part of the Service, must be in accordance with any and all applicable laws and regulations, including all applicable export and import laws and regulations. You agree that the Company may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary, such as to: (i) comply with legal process; (ii) enforce this Agreement; (iii) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third parties; (iv) respond to your requests for customer service or allow you to use the Website in the future; or (v) protect the rights, property or personal safety of the Company or any other person.
- You may not post any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses in areas of your Member profile that may be viewed by other Members. You agree that any Content you place on the Website to be viewed by other Members may be viewed by any person visiting the Website or participating in the Service.
The Company reserves the right to investigate and/or terminate your membership if you have misused the Service, or behaved in a way which could be regarded as inappropriate, unlawful or illegal, including actions or communications the occur off the Website but involve Members you meet through the Service. The following is a partial list of the type of actions that you may not engage in with respect to the Service. You will not:
- Impersonate any person or entity.
- Solicit money from any Members.
- Post any Content that is prohibited by Section 9.
- “stalk” or otherwise harass any person.
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by the Company without our specific prior written consent.
- Ask or use Members to conceal the identity, source, or destination of any illegally gained money or products
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine”, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Website, Service or its contents.
- Collect usernames and/or email addresses of members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the Website.
- Interfere with or disrupt the Service or the Website or the servers or networks connected to the Service or the Website.
- Email or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to or through the Website or Service (either directly or indirectly through use of third party software).
- “frame” or “mirror” any part of the Service or the Website, without the Company's prior written authorization.
- Use meta tags or code or other devices containing any reference to the Company, the Website or the Service (or any trademark, trade name, service mark, logo or slogan of the Company) to direct any person to any other website for any purpose.
How we use the information we collect
In General: We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Deliver our products and services, and manage our business;
- Manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- Perform research and analysis;
- Communicate with you about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, or other third parties;
- Develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- Perform ad tracking and website or mobile application analytics;
- Verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- Enforce or exercise any rights in our terms and conditions;
- Perform functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection
- Financial information: We may use financial information or payment method to (i) process payment for any purchases, (ii) enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, (iii) to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and (iv) otherwise as needed to manage our business.
Job applicants: If your personal information is submitted when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used solely in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions. This information, which may include your name and contact information, prior education and experience, and other information you provided to us, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyze candidate submissions for job postings.
Please review "Your choices about collection and use of your information" below.
In all circumstances, we may perform these functions directly or use a third party vendor to perform these functions on our behalf who will be obligated to use your personal information only to perform services for us. Also, if you access our website, mobile applications or other online services from a third party social platform, such as Facebook, we may share non-personal information with that platform to the extent permitted by your agreement with it and its privacy settings. With whom we share your information
- Service providers: We may share information, including personal information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our website or application functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our site. We may also share your name, contact information and credit card information with our service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Business partners: When you register or make purchases on our website or click-through our advertisements offered on third party websites or applications, we may share personal information with the businesses with which we partner to offer you the applicable products, services or any advertisements. When you elect to engage in a particular merchant's offer or program, you authorize us to provide your email address and other information to that merchant.
Other Situations: We also may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information:
We may share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our site and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis, advertising, marketing, or other business purposes. For example, we may engage a data provider who may collect web log data from you (including IP address and information about your browser or operating system), or place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser to enable you to receive customized ads or content. The cookies may reflect de-identified demographic or other data linked to data you voluntarily have submitted to us (such as your email address), that we may share with a data provider solely in hashed, non-human readable form. We may also share your geolocation information in de-identified form with third parties for the above purposes. To opt out of the sharing of your geolocation information, please log into your account and click on your account settings.
If you would like to opt-out of third-party mobile application ad tracking and analytics, please notify us.
Do Not Track Disclosure:
How you can access and correct your information:
If you have an online account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account and clicking on your account settings. Applicable privacy laws may allow any individual the right to access and/or request the correction of errors or omissions in his or her personal information that is in our custody or under our control. Our Privacy Officer will assist the individual with the access request. This includes:
- Identification of personal information under our custody or control; and
- Information about how personal information under our control may be or has been used by us.
We will respond to requests within the time allowed by all applicable privacy laws and will make every effort to respond as accurately and completely as possible. Any corrections made to personal information will be promptly sent to any organization it was disclosed to. In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide access to certain personal information it holds about an individual. For security purposes, not all personal information is accessible and amendable by the Privacy Officer. If access or corrections cannot be provided, we will notify the individual making the request within 30 days, in writing, of the reasons for the refusal.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our site because such information may be required in order for you to register as a member; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
- When you register on our site, you consent to receive email messages from us. At any time you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by visiting your account settings page. You also will be given the opportunity, in any commercial email that we send to you, to opt out of receiving such messages in the future. It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request. We may send you transactional and relationship emails, such as service announcements, administrative notices, and surveys, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. Please note that changing information in your account, or otherwise opting out of receipt of promotional email communications, will only affect future activities or communications from us. If we have already provided your information to a third party (such as a service provider) before you have changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change you preferences directly with that third party.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. See "Cookies" below for information about declining or deleting cookies.
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/identity-theft for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. We may post a notice on our Service if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at the contact information listed below.
Information you provide about yourself while using our service
We provide areas on our site where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others or upload content such as photographs. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information.
Although our website and application is a general audience site, we restrict the use of our services to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18.
Onward transfer and consent to international processing
How to contact us
Secret Doors LLC.
P.O. Box 3584
Decatur, GA 30031
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's device for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A persistent cookie remains on your device for an extended period of time. Cookies on our site do not link to or store your personal information.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name associated with your user or member ID in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we encrypt account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our service providers to serve cookies from our website or application to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's device, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website. Third parties may use anonymous information about your visits to our site and other websites in order to improve its products and services and provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.